Friday 17 June 2011

Oh Christmas Tree!!

Hi Blogland.. Well, I can come out of hiding as no one has shouted at me (yet!) about doing Christmas in my last post..So, I guess you are all up for it?!! So here goes with another offering!I cut out 4 Trees in 225gsm card stock using the Marianne Designs Creatables Tree #3 (LR0176).Each Tree was then stuck directly on top of the next one.I then embossed a piece of card stock using the Frame Embossing Folder from the Forever Friends Black & Gold range.My plan was to emboss the Tree shape into the middle of this frame. So I placed the Tree's in the middle of my Cuttlebug A plate.Added the Frame embossing on top of it,then my No Shims Mat,followed by a piece of 225g weight card stock as an extra shim as I have always done when making my own embossing,and finally my Cuttlebug C plate.Looking back I don't think that this particular "sandwich" required the shim of card stock as the holes in the Tree's are quite deep and I think it slightly over embossed! I kinda like the effect though!I then added some Crimbo Gems to "Bling" it up a bit!! and put this element to one side whilst I prepared my base card.I decided to put the tree onto a side stepper card, take a look here to see the measurements you will need to make this type of fold..From a separate piece of card stock I punched an edge using the Martha Stewart Pine Forest Edger Punch (M232304w)and cut the pieces to sizeto fit on the steps of my base card.Adding the embossed Tree to the step on the other side. Finishing the project off with a die cut sentiment..And there we go, another one done!!
Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for checking us out.
See you soon.
Andy.

4 comments:

  1. Great card Andy - keep going...I need lots of Crimbo ideas LOL

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing, as time goes by one re-learns techniques.
    Thanks for jogging my memory on making my own embossing shape. And for giving me another idea with with the Forest Edge Punch, you clever lad.
    Hugs
    Cally x
    p.s. Nearly forgot, fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to make my own embossing pieces the same way did but using my Cricut cut shapes and love how you did this one with a die not tried that.
    The card is gorgeous and I love the white on white effect.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful white Christmas creation!

    ReplyDelete