Tuesday 21 June 2011

5 for the price of 1!!

Hey Blogland... Well, after a brief respite from Christmas so that I could post my Dad's Father's Day card, I'm back on it!!And here is a selection I made in a very short space of time.. Once I had come up with the idea I churned them out in no time at all and in as many colours as I had to hand!!Using the Marianne Creatables Poinsettia (LR0122) I cut out 2 shapes in White card stock and 1 in Green.Layering them all together and off setting them slightly, adding a gem in the middle as a focus point...I then embossed a piece of White card stock using the Marianne Designables Embossing Folder called Classic (DS0911).This was matt and layered onto the same Green card as I had used for my Poinsettia leaves so as to keep the theme running through the project.I then mounted my completed Poinsettia on to the embossed imageand then added the two elements to my base card to which I had already added a small strip of the Green card to..
Quick, simple and effect!! It says "Christmas" to me! How about you??
So, that one done and out of the way, it was only a hop, skip and a jump to make a few more samples...Something a little more contemporary!!And something a little more traditional!Then back to contemporaryfor my last couple...I hope that these simple examples give you some inspo to get your Crimbo crafting under way, if you haven't started already that is!!
Thanks for checking us out & see you soon.
Andy..

5 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Andy - it's great to see how different the same thing can look just by changing the colours.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Andy, you have done it again. Simple but stunning. Love the cards.
    Hugs
    Cally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous creation just perfect for our challenge at the Winter Wonderland, thank you for joining us. I have candy if you are interested
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous card with the wow factor yet they are so easy to make.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful. Really love them. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete