Wednesday 8 June 2011

Happy Anniversary

Hi Blogland. Yesterday was my Parents 42nd Wedding Anniversary.. And, like most events in the family I know exactly when it is, but do I get the card made in advance and put away for safe keeping? Yeah like that's ganna happen! And even if I did, it would probably be in a very safe place and I would have totally forgotten where I put it! Oh, you've got a place like that too!Anyway, I eventually made it on the day, so at least I could give it to them on the correct date.. Phew!!I started off by selecting my goodies which I was going to use for this project.. It's always a good idea having everything you need at hand so you don't have to go hunting for things..I punched a circle from a post it note.. Make sure you punch including some of the sticky on the back so that it adherer's to your card stock..I then turned my card stock the way that I was going to apply my Brayer and Ink.
Now, applying the Ink with the Brayer is a technique that has to be learnt, see Reene, this time I didn't say learned or learndid! My English is very bad some times!! So it is impossible to show you the application of the Ink in photo form! Perhaps I should start doing Video tutorials...!Anyway, once you have applied your Ink, this is what the card stock looks like,and by removing the Post It Note circle, you now have a Moon!!I then stamped my image using Stazon Black. The Stamp is a Clarity Stamp LOFRAME-GG (Love Frame).I then positioned the second image inside the "O", this was also a Clarity Stamp.. Sorry, not sure which set this came from as there was no reference code on the packaging!!I then added my Peel Off sentimentbefore matting the card onto some Light Blue Mirror card...For my base card I took some Kanban printed Acetateand applied it to a White A5 card,adding a complimentary piece of Ribbonbefore finishing the project off by adding the stamped topper...Phew! done.. And on the right day too... Right! let's see if I can get ahead of myself for once... What's next on the list!! Father's day and Christmas.. Yikes...
Thanks for checking us out and see you soon..
Andy..

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Andy - your parents had a levely day.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DT Brother!

    Yes, you are still my brother even thought we are not live at TCB. Love, love your card and all the cool ideas you used. I know your parents are going to love! Miss ya'.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete