Thursday 2 June 2011

Happy Birthday Leigh Leigh...

Hi Folks... The weather is set to be hot, hot, hot here today.. So that means that the pins (legs) are out. Well, whilst they are still brown form my holiday I might as well enjoy it!It's one of my best friends Birthdays at the weekend, so I thought I'd share with you the card I have made for her..
She is Purple mad and every year I usually make her card in a shade of it, and I'm sure she will expect the same this year, but I thought I'd ring the changes a little bit and do anything BUT Purple... Or maybe I will just do the whole thing again! We'll see...And look what arrived just in time to start this card. The new Marianne Designables!! I just knew I had to have these when I saw them a couple of Month's ago..It was a difficult choice of which one to use first but I went for the Classic Design (DS0911) for this project...
If you have not used these products before, they are just like normal embossing folders such as those from Cuttlebug or Sizzix and can be used through most of the leading manufactures die cutting machines including the Grand Calibur, and now with the introduction on the new embossing plate for the Calibur they will go through the machine much easier... These Designables not only emboss but also cut at the same time...I thought that the circle frame in the middle was just crying to be cut out, so I took a Circle Nestabilitie which fitted the shape and cut it out.I added an even layer of double sided foam to the back of the imagebefore matting it onto some Gold Mirror card.This was then mounted onto my base cardwith a piece of Ribbon attached to fill up the space on the side...Finishing the project off with a pre made Decoupage character from the new Fizzy Moon range from Trim Craft.. And there we go, and nothing Purple either!!
Have a great day everyone, I hope the sun will be shining where ever you are...
Thanks for checking us out, see you soon..
Andy.

4 comments:

  1. Love the finished creation Andy ... and yes i too love them new creatables ;-)
    See ya soon
    Nicki
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy, it is beautiful...those creatables are fabulous and create such an amazing background.

    Super card.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is stunning, lovely colours and gorgeous bear.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete