Tuesday 28 June 2011

Rudi!!!

Hi Blogland... I hope you all had a good weekend? And I hope that those who could stand it here in the UK enjoyed the mini heat wave we have just had!! I must say, that 34 degrees c is not my idea of summer weather here in the UK. I did however drag myself into the garden on Monday and have turned a resounding shade of Burnt Sienna, or more appropriately, Burnt Andy!!
Anyway, weather report over and done with how's about some crafting!!?
When I came in to work this morning I was greeted with an e:mail from Marianne... Yes Marianne herself from Marianne Creatables!!
I had sent the projects I had made a couple of posts ago to her as part of her "Designer for a Day" project..And she sent this back to me... Which I am going to proudly display on my little blog... She said I was the first one in the UK to receive it! Now there's an honour!!So, over the moon with this little award, and seeing as her July Die releases are now in stock I decided to put a couple of them to good use!!I started off but cutting out and embossing the Rudolph (LR0179) Die through the Cuttlebug using some Copper coloured Mirror card..
The image cuts and embosses very well, but I was a little put off that the eye gets cut out too, It makes "Rudi" look a little bit evil to me! Could this be where the term "No Eye Deer" comes from?? (Laugh if you feel you need too, but I suspect there may be a few groans).. Sorry, just my sense of humour!!Anyway, as my first image had left the eye in the die I decided to leave it there and not pop it out as I would normally do,this was so that the next cuts would emboss the eye as opposed to cut it out!!.. Anyone getting squeamish yet!!?Next, I cut out the Sleigh (LR0178) image..And applied the Reindeer and Sleigh to some Night Sky printed Acetate which was mounted onto a side folding DL card.I then took the Martha StewartGifts Deep Edger Punch (M42-70014) and punched into some Gold card stock,cutting along the bottom of the Gift images to release them from the border and make them into individual gifts!These were then added to the Sleigh with some Silicone Gel..And what does every self respecting lead Reindeer need? A Red nose of course! It is Rudolph after all!!I was thinking about adding some reigns for the Reindeer, but most things that I tried just spoilt the effect in my opinion, so best left alone I think!!
Anyway, thanks for checking us out and see you soon.
Andy.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Andy...congratulations - very well deserved.

    Love the Chrimbo card and I think you are right to leave the reigns off. They probably would have looked too fussy.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy
    You must be really chuffed to be awarded that. But then, your idea of the combination of dies was inspired.
    Hugs
    Cally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow go you lol congrats on the award that really is something to shout about.
    Love this card, another that is fairly easy to make and yet has the wow factor.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete