Thursday 21 April 2011

Twisted Squirrel....

Not a real one, just the type of card!! Hi Everyone, I hope you are well?I just wanted to share with you another Digi from Wee Stamps.. This one is called Fluffy on a Lily!..I printed the image quite a bit smaller than I usually do, this was so that I could cut around the image using some of our new Nesties. I tend to print my images quite large so that I can get some shading on the image. However, this usually means that I can only use the largest shape in most sets of Nesties and therefore am unable to matt and layer the shape. I know many of you will say, well draw around the large shape again and cut it out by hand which will give you another layer.. MMMM, of course you are correct, I could do this, but never do.!So, once coloured and glazedI cut out "Fluffy" with the second largest die from Labels Twenty One which is one of the latest Spellbinders releases. Matting it onto another piece of card cut using the largest die from this set.I then embossed a piece of Matt Silver card stock using the Lattice Embossing Folder from Creative Expressions. Be careful which kind of card stock you use when using the folder. I found that due to the deep etched straight lines on this folder that it actually cut through most of my standard card stock as well as embossed it. A nice effect, but not what I was after!!!Once embossed I decided to cut out the individual Squares within the shape to form a trellis work effect.I then layered it on to some blue card stock, inserting some leaves I had punched out using the Martha Stewart Frond Punch... Doing this reminded my of the current Waitrose advert, where Heston inserts Rosemary and Anchovies into a leg of lamb!! Who knew Anchovies and Lamb went together?? Well, perhaps I'll find out on Easter Sunday when pop's dishes up!! Tummy rumbles...mmmm
Anyway, back to the card!!We're all looking for new ideas and shapes for our card making and the new kid on the block seems to be the twisted easel!!
So, taking my folded A5 card I scored from corner to corner on the front side of the card and folded it in half.Adding the Lattice embossing image and the coloured image to the outside.For the stopper for the Easel I just cut another piece of the Black card stock in a triangular shapeand added it to the inside.I finished the project off by cutting out one of the dies from the Fancy Tags Three (S5-031) set.Adding my sentiment before popping it onto the card.
The card lays down quite comfortably, but with the image hanging over the edge it will probably require a much larger envelope than normal. Well, at least that will allow me to put some instruction in for the recipient as to how to make the card stand up as it should. I see "non crafty" people in the shop all the time trying to figure that one out!!
Have a cracking! Easter weekend everyone, looks like the weather is set to be hot, hot, hot! I remember a couple of years a go it actually SNOWED on Easter Sunday!!! And this year according to the BBC it's expected to be 21c.. Not good weather for choccie eggs!...
Thanks for checking us out, see you soon..
Andy.

3 comments:

  1. Fluffy looks lovely Andy.

    The lattice looks really effective.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will they think of next I love this style of easel card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the trellis! (and the rest of the card to of course!) x

    ReplyDelete