Monday 18 April 2011

Happy Easter...

Hi Everyone.. I hope that you had a good weekend and are looking forward to a shorter working week this week with the Easter Bank Holiday weekend approaching... Don't forget, Pinnacles is open all over the Bank Holiday Weekend - Good Friday, Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Bank Holiday Easter Monday 10am - 5pm....
Although I don't really celebrate Easter it's a great time of year to use all those spring like colours..So here's my project for today.. And of course a step by step if you fancy giving it, or something similar a go...I printed my image from a Digi Stamp from Wee Stamps..The image was then coloured using Copic Pens and glazed with Glossy Accents.I then cut the image out using the second largest die from one of the new release Spellbinders dies Reverse Wonky Rectangles (S4-307). Matting it onto some Lilac Mirror card cut with the largest die from this set.Using my Gypsy machine I selected some egg shapes from the Easter 2010 Cricut Cartridge. Laid them out and sized them to fit within a rectangle shape. These images were cut out 4 times using 225gsm weight card stock.Each layer was stuck together using Stick and Stay from Crafter's Companion.
Having made my Embossing sheet, it's time to put it to good use. I am building up quite a collection of these sheets and they are becoming a great addition to my crafting stash...So, to emboss them through the Cuttlebug, place the image on your A plate.Add your card stockfollowed by your No Shims Mat and your C Plate. This particular embossing didn't require any additional shims which I have used on past projects...Eggsraordinary, Eggceptional even... Ok, I'll stop now...I cut the image to size and matt and layered it with some of the Lilac Mirror card.Adding it and the coloured image to my base card.Now for the little flowers. This is the same technique I have used in the past using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die. However, the Flowers made with that die were going to be far to big for this project so I decided to use the Marianne Designs Creatables Flower Set (LR0145).I cut out the 3 larger flowers from the set in some Lilac Paper.These dies can be easily used through the Cuttlebug. And to save time I cut them all out at once. Place the dies on top of your paper which will need to be placed on top of an A and B Plate.Add your C plate and pass through the machine.There is little point in embossing these dies as there is nothing to emboss!!..Take the largest flower shape and cut a slit to the centre of the shape.Overlap the 2 open edges and stick together, I used Glossy Accents.With the next sized flower, cut away one whole petal.And the overlap the open edges and stick as before.For the smallest Flower, cut away 2 petalsand stick together as before. This process will give you the main 3 layers for your flower.With the single petal and the double petal which were cut from layer 2 and 3, roll them in on themselves to form the centre of your flower.Glue all the layers together to form your flower...I then punched out some leaves using the Martha Stewart Frond Punch,before adding them and the flowers to the card using some Pinflair Silicone Gel.The left had side of the card was looking a little bit bare! So, I found some Ribbon which had just come in.. But how do you stick something like this down? It has 2 strands of Ribbon and beads intertwined!!My solution was to attach it using an Eyelet... And then finishing the project off with a Peel Off sentiment...
Have a great week folks. Looks like the wall to wall sunshine is set return.
Thanks for checking us out.. See you soon.
Andy.

2 comments:

  1. Eggscellent!!! am loving the digi stamp recommendations - all I need now is some time to play with them some more -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Andy.

    I have to admit to chickening out on using the new ribbon on the card I made yesterday - I needed the ribbon to hold the card pieces together and couldn't see how I would thread the pearls through without making the holes HUGE

    Love your egg-stra special embossing...LOL

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete