Saturday 9 April 2011

New Home!!

Hi Blogland. How's things with you today?
I've had a bit of a manic week this week. So sorry for the lack of posts! On top of that my "mojo" seems to have deserted me!! Don't you just hate it when that happens... I've just had no inspo what so ever...aaaarrrggghhhh!!
So, although I have not created anything new this week I did put my down time to good use. Firstly, I tidied up my Blog and gave it a new look, hope you like it? I also finished off a few projects which were half done and just lieing around.. They are pretty simple but effective, just like me!!I want to introduce you to this great Digi Stamp Website from Australia.. I think their images are fantastic. A refreshing change from cutesy and the everyday kind of images...
I just loved their take on ideas for new home projects..
And here's a few that I made..I coloured this image using Copic Pens and of course it totally had to get a glaze of Glossy Accents!! The image is soooo detailed and just allows you to be completely creative with your colour selection.. Metal, Wood, Water, Gravel.. And the best bit! "No Flesh Tone" to worry about!!! This was a joy to colour in. Just as crafting should be..
I was thinking about cutting the image out and adding it to a scenic piece of card stock, but there were bits that looked just too fiddly to bother cutting out, the washing line for instance!!!So I left well alone and just matt and layered onto some Slate Grey and then Black card stockbefore mounting it onto a White base card and finishing off with a Peel Off sentiment...This is another one of their house images... Printed, coloured and glazedand then mounted onto an Acetate card.
Now, if you are not a fan of colouring your own images, with some of the Digi's you even get pre coloured ones!!This is one of them. Obviously, I had to glaze it before cutting it out and applying it to my card which I had prepared using the Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page set Cherish.
I hope these projects give you some inspo, and here's hoping that my mojo returns toute sweet!!!
Thanks for checking us out, have a great day and see you soon.
Andy.

1 comment:

  1. Andy they are super...sometimes simple is best - let the image take centre stage.

    Your mojo probably took a holiday because it knew you were coming to the end of your DT session - a few challenges will soon have it rushing back.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete