Tuesday 12 April 2011

Blue & White....

Hi Folks! Well, my mojo is still missing. If anyone finds it, please send it in to me!!! In the meantime until it returns I set myself a little challenge to try and gain some inspo!! Blue and White...Couldn't make it any simpler really could I?!!For this project I used the Marianne Creatables Poinsettia Die (LR0122). To cut the die using the Cuttlebug, place your card stock on top of an A and B plate. Place your die on topand then add your C plate and pass through the machine.To emboss the die, turn it over keeping the cut card stock in place.
This should be mounted onto an A and B plate.Add your No Shims Mat and then your second B plate and pass through the machine.I cut out six shapesto make 3 flowers.With some of the excess card stock I matt and layered it with some White card stock and then mounted the pieces onto my base card.Faffing around with some potential positionsuntil I was happy with this one!!Now, there seems a little bit of a furore about a little wedding going on at the end of the Month. Someone called Kate and Will getting married!! Heard about it?? Now, I have done a Wedding Invitation or two in my time and have learnt to keep it simple!!I cut out 3 shapes using the Reminiscence Cricut Cartridge from Creative Memories using 225gsm weight card stock. Looking back I should have cut out 4 layers to get a deeper impression. We live and learn I guess!!I then mounted and glued each layer on top of each other.The stack of shapes was placed on top of my Cuttlebug A plate,followed by my card stock, coloured side up. If the coloured side had been facing downwards then the image will have been debossed as opposed to being embossed!Next, add your No Shims Mat,then a couple of pieces of 290gsm card stock to bulk the "sandwich" out.And then finish off with your C plate and pass through your machine.Eh Voila, cool huh!!! Your very own embossing. As I said, I would have preferred to use 4 layers as opposed to 3 as I would have got a better embossed effect.What’s a Wedding without a bit of bling?! I'm looking forward to the New Nestabling Jewels which will be coming in a few weeks. These will make the whole process of adding lot's of bling to your Nestabliltie shapes a whole lot easier and quicker...!I cut the image to size before matt and layering it with some White and some of the same Blue card stock.Adding a strip of the Blue card stock to my base cardand completing the Wedding Invitation with a simple Peel Off..And there we go...
Thanks for checking us out.
See you soon.
Andy.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour choice Andy. I love the flower card but adore the wedding invite. That invite is just so elegant and I agree with you...for occasions like these keeping it simple is best. Fab work Andy.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is awesome. I am a new follower and I surely will be back to be inspired. You do the most wonderful, creative work.
    Janeeart@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple but very effective and liking the new layout and loved those digi stamps in the previous post - Hope you find your mojo soon Andy - what you need is a holiday....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are BEAUTIFUL, I think you still have your mojo. Just Wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well simplistic in the colour scheme, but very striking. The flower card is so fresh looking, I saw Mojo hanging around outside the shop the other day. I will ask him to pop in and see you. Mind you you are doing a good enough job without him.
    Lyn (wed)

    ReplyDelete