Sunday 3 April 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!


Hi everyone, it's Mother's Day here in the UK Today, so a very "Happy Mother's Day" to all you Mum's out there...
I just wanted to share with you the card I made for my Mum...I don't think that you can go wrong with a Butterfly or two, or even five!!To make the card I started off by welding together a Butterfly image from the Martha Stewart Crafts Elegant Cakes Cricut Cartridge using my Cricut Gypsy. The Gypsy allows me to not only weld the images together but also re size images and also flip those images to make the finished shape a little more interesting.I cut this welded image out 3 times on 225gsm card stock. This did take a while to be honest due to the detail in each Butterfly. But I'm sure you'll agree, time well spent?I then glued all 3 layers together.As my intention was to do some embossing with this image I placed it on my A plate of my Cuttlebug machine. I had to use the longer plates as the image was so big.On top of the image I placed a piece of Glossy White Card Stock.Then my Maxi No Shims Matfollowed by two 290gsm pieces of card which adds just the right thickness to the "sandwich"before adding my C plate and passing the whole thing through the Cuttlebug.To make sure I embossed the whole of the Butterfly image I had to do the process twice as there is no 12" long Maxi mat available at the moment to my knowledge! you can see the previous embossing showing..I think I must have turned the card stock over for this picture as it looks debossed to me, perhaps I had the idea to show you both sides? Who knows!! But hey, here is the debossed side!!!For the base card I cut a thick piece of Acetate to sizeand added the Butterflies to the inside back panel.This is some printed Acetate which I have placed on top of a piece of White card stock so that you can see the intensity of the colour and pattern.From this sheet I cut out some singular Butterflies. To make sure that they were exactly the same shape & size I was able to copy the images from the "welded" Butterflies and separate them all.I then applied them to the front of the Acetate card matching each image with it's embossed counterpart.I then made a Ribbon Rose, the same way as I did in my last post and applied it to the card which I had added some more Ribbon and some "Bling" to the Butterflies.And there you go. I know Mum had a good day, She spent the whole day with me so why wouldn't she!! I also paid a visit to my Nan, who was having a "good day" in the home she is in. So all round a great day. Hope you had a great one too! See you soon and thanks for checking us out.
Andy.

5 comments:

  1. The ribbon rose works beautifully - super card Andy...but pleeeeeeeeease tell me this was a scheduled post as you really shouldn't still be there at this time of night.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Andy this is breathtakingly beautiful! What a work of art I bet your mum was thrilled!
    I bought this cart especially for that butterfly! I really must get it out and use it!
    Wonderful inspiration as always!
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Simply beautiful. I'm sure Pauline loved this card @ndy, any mum would, let alone all us craters. Well Done.

    Renee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Andy this is just STUNNING!! I love all of your masterpieces and this one is no exception!! You did MUM proud, and I am happy you spent the day together having fun.

    Hugz, D/T sista'

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well another masterpeice from the master himself. Beautiful sensational impressive, just trying to find a different word than STUNNNING but it is stunning.
    Lyn (wed)I do hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete