Tuesday 28 July 2009

Back to it!!!

Hi Everyone. Hope you are well? Back to the grindstone Today. Had a day off yesterday to recoup my energy from what can only be described as a manic but cope able weekend. As you may be aware it was Pinnacle Crafts Club Members Discount Weekend last weekend, and our members certainly look advantage of the huge 30% discount on offer. We hope you are all enjoying your new purchases and we look forward to seeing you all again very soon..

It is my pleasure to announce that the winner of £50 worth of Pinnacle Crafts Gift Vouchers for the July Club members Draw is..... wait for it....
Lyn Goodhead.
Well Done & Congratulations Lyn. I hope you enjoy spending them...
I would also like to welcome all those Brand New Pinnacle Crafters who joined over the weekend, a bargain to good to miss was one comment, and I can only agree with you...
Sadly, we had to bid farewell to Kristina, who joined us for our Monday Morning lesson. Wishing her Bon Voyage and a safe trip home back to Sweden we presented her with this..

It is just a simple little card with a photo we took when she arrived on Friday..

These little gestures can mean so much and she said it was a lovely little keepsake from her visit and it will go on the shelf with all her other reminders of her times at Pinnacle Crafts...
Today I thought I'd share with you are card which got so many comments over the weekend..

It's a card using the New Shapeabilities Pendants from Spellbinder.
They are fun and so easy to use and even go through the Big Shot or Cuttlebug machines...
Firstly I coloured a piece of White card stock with Chalk. Chalking has proved a big hit with us recently. I prefer to colour the card stock with the chalk first, as if you do it after you have cut the card your applicator can catch on all the edges.. Also if you have embossed it, say with a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder then sometimes the chalk can show where the card may have cracked. Chalking the card first just seems to work better..

If you use a light circular motion when applying the chalk you are less likely to over chalk your card which negates the need to seal it afterwards. Many people don't like using chalks as it can look patchy or too bold in places. A light circular motion working in from the sides of the card generally allows the Chalk to be applied evenly. If you want to add more colour, go over the same area's with more chalk. Remember, you can always add more colour, but it is very difficult to take it away!!!
Once coloured, I cut out 2 images from the Fleur De Lis Shapeablity Pendant.

On one piece I stamped my Image using Black StazOn. The Reindeer Image was taken from the New Joyeux Noel Clear Stamp Range from Papermania.

Mount the Stamped shape on top of the blank shape. I used Pinflair Glue to give a little bit of height and dimension,

but Foam Pads would also work.

To add a little bit of Christmas sparkle I applied Star Dust Stickles to the image.
And finally mounted the whole thing (once dry) onto a Bookatrix card..

Don't forget, July's Blog Candy..... Draw will take place on Saturday 01st August.. You could be in with a chance of winning these FREE..

That's around £50 worth of crafting stash just for becoming a follower.. So click here and start following today..

Thanks for checking us out..

5 comments:

  1. Hello from "Svensken kommer"
    Back in Sweden and I am already missing you all. Thank you so much for a wonderful visit and warm welcomming!!! I have just unpacked all my crafting products and the lovely card (see above) I received. It is now standing together with all the other Pinnacle keepsakes in my crafting room and helps me remembering you all as well as inspiring me when sitting on my own crafting in cold Sweden. A big hug to Joanne, Pauline, Andy, Paul, Brenda, Donna, Lyn, French Lin, to all joining the Friday and Monday classes and to all other I unfortunately missed during my visit at Pinnacle.
    Love from Kristina and hej då allihopa (bye bye every one) I am very impressed of your Swedish Andy.
    ps and no....Ford (Volvo Cars) was not aware of the Club Weekend so it was just a coincidence whe came to England last week but a very lucky coincidence for me when looking at the huge mountain of lovely crafting products. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was certainly my favorite card I saw on Saturday,it is really elegant and classy.Well done Andy, for inspiring us again. Becky-Bex

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful weekend - hope you all got some rest.

    Andy, those cards are so pretty and I love the colours.

    You can tell Jo that I have my completed membership form in my bag for when I pop in this coming weekend.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great Toni, we look forward to welcoming you on board.. Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big thanks to Andy, Pauline & all at Pinnacles for a lovely weekend. I certainly put my T.O.I.L to good use Friday & Monday.
    It was so lovely to see Kristina again after so long & great fun to all be crafting together again.
    Kristina's card is really great Andy, dont forget to send me the pics please.
    Love to all my Pinnacle friends
    Donna

    ReplyDelete