Wednesday 1 July 2009

Do you SDU??


Hi Blogland.. Ready for another scorcher of a day??? It is true us Brits are obsessed with the weather.. We pray for long hot sunny day's and then gripe all day long saying "oh inint ot" excuse my Essex accent.. lol! Still at least it isn't raining... YET!!! that is expected on Friday, so enjoy it while it lasts...

We had our first SDU (Scrapbook Design and You) courses yesterday.. and to say that I am thrilled with the first set of classes is an understatement. Thank you to all the ladies that attended and made it an enjoyable afternoon and evening for me.. See you all next week for some Journalling...

Today I thought I'd share with you a card I made a couple of weeks ago. I had some off cuts of mirror card that I needed to use as it was just going to waste in one of my many off cuts boxes.. you know what I mean, you intend to use every last scrap of a piece of card and never get round to it....!!!!
I placed a White piece of Glossy card on top of a Black piece of Mirror card and just cut random shapes.. So that I had exactly the same shapes in both colours, then I backed them piece by piece onto a card.
I found some great Art Deco Decoupage that went well with the background and there you have it. Hope you like the result?



Thanks for checking us out...

1 comment:

  1. Amazing what can be done with a few scraps - super card.

    Thank you for your reply on the Christmas post - my niece is really looking forward to seeing all the Christmas ideas. She's only recently come back to crafting (since she got married in May) and has certainly got the bug LOL

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete