Thursday 2 July 2009

Diorama Drama...


Hi, Everyone.. We had a lesson earlier this year on Diorama Cards, which basically are 3 dimensional scene cards, and they went down a storm...!!! They are so easy to do once you know the measurements and can be made for any occasion. They even lye flat so that you can pop them in an envelope.. As you can see from the picture above I have developed quite a collection...!
I prefer to make larger ones as it gives you a bigger area to play with but smaller ones can also be made by reducing the measurements.
For a diorama to fit in an 8" x 8" Envelope you will need:
2 pieces of card 9 3/4" x 7 3/4" (for the front and back)
1 piece of card 7 3/4" x 7 3/4" (for the middle)
On the long edge of the 2 larger pieces of card measure in 2" from one side and score a line from top to bottom. If you are using a patterned piece of card stock make sure you have it up the right way or your finished project will be upside down!! Measure in 2" from the other side also so that you have 2 scored lines, one either side of the card.
On the smaller piece of card stock (the middle) measure in 1" on any side (make sure the pattern is the right way up!)and score from top to bottom. Measure in 1" from the other side and score.
Now all you need to do is cut an aperture. For some of my diorama's I have used Nestabilities. If you fold the score lines of your diorama, they are now small enough to pass through the Cuttlebug or Big Shot machines, so you can position a cutting die wherever you wish to make an aperture.. Once completed just stick all the sides together starting with the middle section. I hope you enjoy making them as much as I have...

It was my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary in June so for a special card I thought I would make this diorama...

View from the top.

A side view.

And another..


And just one last one..




Thanks for checking us out..

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the details - these look fab. I've made 'tunnel' cards but not this style of card - must give it a go.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are gorgeous and so 3d. I love them and thanks for the great tutorial
    juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you email me the instructions for the dyorama card it is so cute and lovely You are so talented thanks for sharing these beautiful creations granmahotstuff5@msn.com

    ReplyDelete