Monday 1 February 2010

Love is in the air...

Happy February everyone.. Where did January go? One minute I was celebrating New Years Eve and the beginning of 2010 and the next minute... whoop there it is! we're in February. I can officially state though that Christmas is well and truly over.. And how do I know that??.. The Quality Street tin now only has those penny toffee's left in it, so that's it for them. I do have plans for the tin though.. Watch this space!!
I was planning to post over the weekend, but I'm afraid I just did not have the time. For those who aren't aware, it was Pinnacle Crafts Club Members Discount Weekend.. and boy was it a Discount Weekend!With walls stripped bare of goodies from one end of the shop to the other..Our Martha Stewart Punches were filled up 4 times and we were still left with bare walls!! Oh well, that gives me a great reason to go off shopping myself with the wholesalers to replenish and find some more goodies for you all..So, now we are in February and it's the 1st of the Month it's Blog Candy time again.And the lucky winner drawn at random is DAGBIRD.. Well Done and Congratulations.. Please contact me pinncras@btconnect.com to arrange collection of your new goodies. I hope you enjoy them..So, as February is the Month of love I wanted to share a card I made recently. Here's how it was made.
Take an A4 piece of card and measure in from one side and make a mark at 2", 4", 8" & 10" and score. On the outside score lines measure 2" from the top and 2" from the bottom and cut across the card.Fold your card up as shown. I also added some mats of Red Mirror card (yes, I know Mirror card again!)I embossed the Forever & Always Sizzix Folder again onto some Red Mirror card,the whole impression was far to big to go on the card so I trimmed it downand matted it on some Gold Mirror cardand applied it to the side of my Quad Fold card.Which I think is pretty effective!I then punched a Red and Gold Heart using Martha Stewart Lace Heart Punch and mounted the Red onto the Gold using Pinflair Glue.The Gold gives the Heart a bit more dimension and stops the Red Hearts getting lost on the card..The far side of the card was looking a bit empty ( a bit like the shelves in the shop at the moment! not for long though!!) so I took one of the Cuttlebug Embossing Borders embossed on Red and matted onto Gold Mirror card to add a little more interest..
Hope you like it & thanks for checking us out.
See you soon..
Pinnacles..

5 comments:

  1. What a super card.

    Great weekend Andy - folk certainly went to town grabbing their bargains.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the card is lovely,who are you going to send it to,Andy??? Fab weekend,as you know I was laddened as always. see you soon Becky-Bex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy, this card is so striking. Having attended a workshop for this type of card I know how easy you have made it to achieve, but I have never been too bothered to make any more as I struggled to 'decorate' it effectively.

    Using the panels of mirri in a bold colour 'show off' the card shape and make it look so much more attractive and with just simple embellishment give a strikingly attractive card.

    Well done once more and, keep them coming please!

    Renee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love that shape of card!! There are so many spaces you can put yummie things on!! And the mirrorcard just gives it that much vavavavoom its amazing! How do you deal with fingerprints on it though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Beautiful card. Love when you use mirror card stock. Also, love the fold of this one.

    ReplyDelete