Wednesday 17 February 2010

Getting ready..

Hi Blogland.. You may be aware that I have my first ever demonstration day on Saturday, and I want it to go smoothly. So I have been playing for a few weeks now in preparation for the day.
Punches are a great way to add accents to your projects, the thing now is that some of them require a bit of instruction on how to use them. So on Saturday this is my intention.. Not only to show them of in their simplest form but also to take them up a notch..I'm hoping I am well prepared, in fact I have produced some mood boards to show the punches off.Frequently you can see something on the shelf in it's packaging and it gives you no inspiration at all,but once you see what it can dothen the creative juices start flowing,well that's how it works for me anyway..
So boards prepared and samples a plenty I'm hoping for a great day.Here's just one of my samples for Saturday.
I took a piece of Mirror card and punched completely around the edge of the card stock with the Lattice Border and Corner Punch Combo from Martha Stewart. This needs to be done on a specific measurement of card stock, although I suspect with a bit of playing around and double punching you can punch on any sized piece of card, when I have the time I'll give it a try and let you know.Once punched, I measured in an Inch all the way round onto the back of the card and scribbled on the piece of card which I wanted to cut away..Top Tip alert!! Always cut into the area you are getting rid off, so if you come off of the line you are not cutting into the piece of card you wish to keep.. OK, I know that is probably easier for us right handers than you lefties but it is achievable...
Once the frame is cut out, mount it onto some more card to give a slight raised or even embossed effect.I took a simple peel off of a wedding car and placed it on Black Mirror Card and cut around it.This was mounted onto the frame with foam pads for dimension. I also applied a peel off sentiment, again in Silver.. Colour on Colour has a great effect I think, almost looks as if you have embossed the words...I took the base card and cut into all of the corners both back and front, inside and out.. I'll show you on Saturday how to do this for those who are coming to the demo, and to those who aren't, then in a future post.Finally mounting the frame and car onto the base card, a bit of ribbon and a bow, a few pearl gems and voila!!
Hope you like it and I look forward to seeing those of you who are coming to the demo on Saturday.. be kind to me...
thanks for checking us out.
See you soon.
Pinnacles..

2 comments:

  1. What a stunning card...but then there were sooooooooo many super cards to see on the day showing off the wonderful effects that can be achieved with punches.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card! And those mood boards look so good. You are absolutely right that you see stuff in stores, and eventhough there is a little picture on the back of the packages, it usually does not give you any idea on what it will look like on paper!

    ReplyDelete