Tuesday, 10 April 2012

One card, two different looks..

Hi Folks. I hope you all had a great Easter Bank Holiday weekend, despite the traditional Bank Holiday "grotty" British weather?! I used my down time quite productively over the weekend, in between munching on the odd choccie egg or two!!! And this is what I came up with!!
And here's an Andy "step by step" if you fancy giving it or something similar a go...
I started off by embossing a piece of "Black Cat" Core d'inations card stock through my Cuttlebug using the Spellbinders M-Bossibilities Folders called Regal (EL-002). If you are using the M-Bossibilites through your Cuttlebug for the first time, please make sure you read the instructions on the packaging! As, you will only need to use an A Plate and a C plate with this type of embossing folder, not the traditional A and 2 B plates! Believe me! You will break your machine if you try it any other way!!! Of course, if you have the Grand Calibur Machine then you should use the Base Plate and the "Raspberry" plate to emboss these, and any other embossing folders...
Unlike most Core d'inations card stock, which has a contrasting core colour to the outside colour, this Black Cat card stock has the same colour core. So, although I sanded the embossing it created more of a texture than a colour contrast! Actually the texture makes it feel almost like Flock!
I then cut the embossed piece of card stock to size and matt and layered it onto some White card stock
before mounting it onto a piece of patterned card stock. This piece of card stock was quite handy actually. As, on one side was a checker board effect, which allowed me to line up my embossed image in the centre.
But it was the Stripes on the other side of the card stock that I actually wanted to use! So, I rolled the edges over themselves using a Pen and secured them in place with some Glue.
Adding my topper and putting this part of the project to one side whilst I got on with preparing my base card.
Starting off by cutting some of the striped card stock into Triangles.
These were then adhered into each corner of my base card to which I had added some Black Mirror card.
I then took another piece of the striped card stock and matt and layered it with some more Black Mirror card and a piece of White card stock,
before placing it in the centre of the base card
and then adding a Bow and my topper to complete the project.. Loving the effect that these stripes bring to the project, I had to give it another go in another colour, just to see how it came out...
A slightly different design in both colour and layout, but no less effective me thinks!!! Thanks for checking us out. See you soon... Andy.

1 comment:

  1. Super cards Andy and ideal for a male retirement.

    Toni xx