Sunday 8 April 2012

Happy Easter

Hi Blogland, and Happy Easter to you all... I suspect, like many of us perhaps, that we don't really send too many Easter cards each year.. But, I occasionally do make a few samples for the shop to give those who do send cards some ideas..
So here's one that I eventually managed to get finished yesterday! I've left the sentiment off of the card as, obviously it's Easter Sunday Toady, and to be honest I think this project could equally be used for other Occasions such as a Wedding, Confirmation, or Baptism etc...
So, to start off with, I cut out and embossed the largest shape from the Spellbinders Floral Ovals set (S4-356) in Pearlised White paper.
Next, I cut out and embossed the Marianne Craftables Die, Flower Border Oval (CR1215) in the same Pearlised paper
and then mounted it onto the Floral Ovals shape.
I then cut out and embossed one of the Crosses from the Spellbinders Crosses Two set (S5-093) of Dies, again in the same pearlised paper.
This in turn was then mounted onto my previously cut images. Although all of the elements have been cut from the same paper stock they all hold their own against each other and tone on tone can be so effective don't you think? So, with the "topper" done, time to get on with the base card for it to sit on.
Using the Spellbinders M-Bossibilities Folder - Splendid (EL-005), I embossed another piece of the Pearlised paper,
cutting it to size and matt and layering it with some Gold Mirror card
before attaching it to my base card
and adding a simple piece of Ribbon.
Just to add another element to the card I cut out the largest die from the Spellbinders set Bitty Blossoms (S5-086)
and "Quilled" it into its flower shape..
I then cut out a set of leaves, which are also part of the Bitty Blossoms set,
and joined them to my flowers.
Although I made several sets of leaves and flowers, 12 sets in fact! I decided to only use one for this project! That means I have several already prepared for another project then I guess...!
I then finished the project off by adding my topper.. And, as I said earlier, this card really could be used for several different occasions.. Not just for Easter.. Anyway, I hope you have a great day and thanks for checking us out. See you soon. Andy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy, Happy Easter to you too, D/T brother. You are so correct, this card can be used in so many different ways. I love the white on white effect, and you have done it so beautifully. TFS all your wonderful creations.

    Hugz, xoxo

    ~L~ Cuttlebug D/T sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'white on white' looks fabulous and the touch of gold just finishes it off.

    Beautiful card Andy.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete