Tuesday 7 December 2010

Silent Night...

Hi Everyone.. It's certainly getting warmer here at Pinnacles, it was minus 5 yesterday morning when I came into work, this morning it is only minus 3!!! bbbbrrr....
After a short break for the Thanksgiving Holidays the Cuttlebug Blog Spot is back with some great inspo for you.The theme this week was embossing (obviously, doh!!) but using your favourite technique i.e inking, sanding etc... My technique was "faux" inking!!!
As some of you are probably aware, I love my inks... It's not a good crafting day unless I am covered from finger tip to elbow in the stuff, but for this project I decided to stay clean... and not use any ink at all, but give the impression (embossing, impression, get it!!) that I did..I started off with a piece of thick acetate & Black Mirror card and embossed them through the Cuttlebug using the Margie's Melodies embossing folder.As the acetate is embossed it stretches and turns White, like you have added some White ink to it...I then picked a Carol and spelt out the words with some Silver Peel Offsand laid the acetate image over the Black embossed image.Mounting the two images onto some Silver Mirror card to tie them together....I then made my easel card using some Ice Blue patterned Mirror card,and mounted the embossed images onto the front of the card.I punched out several flowers using the Martha Stewart Pop Up Water Lily punch in Silver Mirror card,and layered them in sets of 2,adding some Ice Blue gems in the middle...I punched out some leaves, using the Martha Stewart Frond Punch,added them to the Flowers and then positioned them around the card.And there you have it, and clean hands too...
Hope this project gives you some inspo to use your Embossing Folders in a slightly different way and don't forget to pop on over to the Cuttlebug Blog Spot to see what all of the other talented Design Team members have come up with for this weeks theme.
Thanks for checking us out.
See you soon...
Andy.

16 comments:

  1. wow!!!!!! I love this card, its amazing!!! Ive never seen that mirror card. I love the black it looks awesome. This card is definately one of my faves! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...what a great inspiration this one is. I never embossed on acetate or plastic. I will try that one. The papers are gorgeous. so are the flowers. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY COOL technique, Andy! I've embossed acetate, but combining it with the mirror card stock is genius! Love how you've used the peelies too! And now for sure I'll be on the lookout for that pop up water lily punch! Who knew it would make such great poinsettias! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Andy! I've never tried this before. What a great technique. I definitely have to try this one. I love your card. It's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my Andy this is so so stunning, exquisite, classy! Can you tell I love it!! The colours and design are beautiful and I love the technique you used this week!
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever is this...what a clever old stick you are. Beautiful card and just love the colours - oh and perfect for me cos there's no mess LOL

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Andy....very very creative. I love that foil paper and your embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Andy this leaves me speechless! What a stunning creation. What an awesome technique, thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andy, this is one of the most beautiful cards I have seen. This is the first time at your site and looking over your past work you are one talented artist. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Andy - the mirror card really shows off the embossing! Gorgeous colour too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great technique, love the shimmer and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow I have never seen acetate embossed before. This is a gorgeous card and with the mirri card it has a real elegance about it.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowzer! Is right Andy, Another stunning and exquisite "Andy Masterpiece". Love this Andy, and all your little added details, so much attention to details makes your creations just pop! Thanks for showing your wonderful technique. Have a great rest of the week.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's amazing Andy! you are very talented! And always great to see the tutorial!!
    Prettige Kerstdagen to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,
    Could you tell me please where you bought your word Peel Offs?

    ReplyDelete