Thursday 25 November 2010

An Art Deco Christmas


Hi Blogland.. First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American Followers. I hope you all enjoy your day and are ready for "Black Friday" Tomorrow.. I was just doing a little traipsing around on t'internet trying to find out what "Black Friday" was all about!! Apparently it's one of the busiest shopping days of the year and the term Black is a term retailers used! As the day would generally take them out of the Red and into the "Black".. Happy shopping everyone!!
We have our own version of Black Friday Tomorrow, by way of the last Pinnacle Crafts Club Members Weekend of the year! Traditionally it's our busiest day too, so I hope the snow that is forcast stays away, for the weekend at least and then it can do what it wants!! See you there if you are coming!.Anyway, back to today's project.. We had a delivery of some new Kanban Art Deco Images recently. And yes, I was in that box before anyone could stop me! There were so many to choose from, and here is my first one.I started off by joining some windows from the Christmas/Noel Cricut cartridge using my Gyspy Machine. One set just as the plain window and one set using the blackout function.
If you have this cartridge, well done! as it has now been retired! But is available as a FREE digital download on the Gypsy Machine, if you register your machine before 31.12.10. Not only that, you get 4 other FREE cartridges as well as the 2 pre loaded ones... making 7 in total!! woohoo!I then mounted the images together.I then set about making my easel card. Last year I made a great little card with Santa in the bathroom. And at that time I needed a tiled floor effect paper, could I find one?!!! This year, my prayers were answered. Not only a tiled effect paper, but a paper with perspective too...I added some great embossed Mirror cardand some wallpaper to the top of the easel card.Before adding my window sceneand then my Art Deco image.For the stopper of the easel card, I cut another piece of the tile paper, backed it with foam tapeand then added it on top of the previously cut tile paper so you can barely see it!Love it! I hope you do too...
Have a great day, and thanks for checking us out.
See you soon
Andy.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh this is very elegant, love how you created the window scene.
    Kim xXx
    p.s we have snow in Lowestoft, Suffolk so don't hold out much hope for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy....first of all Thanks for your sweet wishes and I am glad you learned what Black Friday is all about: INSANITY. I do not like to go out...I rather miss the sales.But, glad for the internet sales....

    NOW onto your STUNNING card. This is AWESOME.......Love the windows background and the tile floor and of COURSE...the new deco images. I have to try that background soon. Do not be surprised if you see it on my blog...and of course I will have link back to you.

    Thanks so much for sharing what you do. Have a great day and business day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy, you really have fallen in love with those Deco ladies...haven't you! Another stunning card - so elegant.

    According to the Press - the UK experienced a form of Black Friday, last Monday with everyone realising how close Christmas was.

    Hope you got all the cards done c",)

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, particularly the window treatment. I am so disappointed that I didn't see it in time to get it as a Free digital download on the gypsy at the end of last year. I keep coming across more things to go on my 'wish list' and I'm loving the arched windows and gateways at the moment. Beautiful work, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete