Thursday 5 August 2010

I'm back!!!

Hi Blogland, long time no see.. Phew! the last few weeks have been a total blur to be honest.. A complete layout change in the shop, a manic, hectic, but fun Pinnacle Crafts Club Members Weekend and then a final change in the shop to fit everything in.. So, did any crafting get done during that time?? You becha...I know it's early August, but I am now in full Crimbo mode, so here is today's offering..
My last boss (yes I did have another life before crafting) always told me "milk it until the wheels fall off" meaning, if you do something and it works, keep on doing it!!So, today I want to share with you another stamped image which has been glazed with Glossy Accents.I stamped my image using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and coloured it in using Copic Pens. I am a huge fan of Copics, but Pro Markers would be equally as effective. I just prefer the brush nib on the Copics..Once coloured I went over the whole image with a generous layer of Glossy Accents and put it to one side to dry.Whilst the image was drying I set about making the backing card. I decided to make an Easel card using a great piece of scenic card stock we have in the shop from Best Creations. For me the whole sheet looks like a skating rink and therefore perfect for this project.Once the image was dry I applied it to the top part of the card, adding a Christmas Sentiment to the bottom in Silver,I hope you get the idea that the Polar Bear has skated the sentiment into the ice?? No!, well that was the idea...
It feels good to get back to blogging after a little bit of a break, so will be back soon with some more samples for you all..
Thanks for checking us out, see you soon.
Andy.

4 comments:

  1. Missed ya on here - so welcome back.

    Love what you have done with your glossy bear. I've stamped loads of these but haven't coloured any yet...still playing with the John Byars images.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love what glossy accents can do to it. Your polar bear is adorable. Like the scene as well.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I did not know he skated it, but who cares? It's adorable! *LOL* :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ice skating bear! I'm sure she will bring a smile to the recipients face. Have been busy playing with my new promarkers and other goodies from last weeks members weekend, spent too much as per usual! Couldn't help noticing there's always lots of laughter in the shop!

    LOL Patricia

    ReplyDelete