Saturday 7 August 2010

p p p pick up a Penguin!!

Good Morning Blogland, it's tipping it down outside with some much needed rain here in the south east, perhaps a perfect time to get some crafting done?I wanted to share with you another card made from the Percy and Penelope collection which has proved so popular since it's launch at the beginning of July..I stamped my image using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Lots of people have asked why I use Memento Ink when using Copics or Pro Markers as opposed to say StazOn? The reason is that Copic and Pro Marker Pens are Solvent/Alcohol based pens. StazOn is also Solvent based, so when you put the two together they reconstitute each other and that's when you can get bleeding. Memento Ink is a water based dye ink and therefore NOT reconstituted by the Solvent based Markers. If you were using say water colour pencils then I would suggest StazOn as the water will not reconstitute the Ink, however it would if you were using Memento, get the gist??I therefore coloured my image in with my fave pens at the moment, Copics.. The Penguin is in a Snowman suit! Go figure!! Just leaving it White would be OK, but just adding a little bit of Cool Grey #1 just defines the edges and gives a little shade and shadow to the suit. Don't forget to leave your White bits! such as on the hat and the Bow Tie as this will give a definition of roundness and shine.. Once coloured in I gave the image a generous covering of Glossy Accents (my new best crafting tool!) and added a little bit of Diamond Stickles to the bottom.. No! not the Penguins bottom, the bottom of the card, silly!!Once dry the image was cut to size and Matt and layered onto some Light Blue Mirror card (another fave!) and the same white card stock I used for stamping the image.. I don't know about you, but I always use the same card stock I am going to use as my base card with all the other mats, this way you will get a consistent tone. How many times have you made a card using some White card stock, opened a packet of pre scored cards to find that the White is completely different!!
I punched a border using the Dimensional Snowflake Punch and added it and the original image to my base card..Viola...
Hope you find some time to get some crafting done this weekend.. Enjoy!
Thanks for checking us out, see you soon..
Andy..

3 comments:

  1. Now that is sooooooooo cute. Haven't played with my P&P stamps yet as I'm still merrily colouring loads of John Byars images.

    Thanks for getting me stamping again Andy, I'm having a great time using my Copics & Promarkers.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to comment on this card. It is just wayyyyy to cute! I love it!! :) My 5 year old grandson just lovesss penguins! and I love how you used the mirrored cardstock! It looks AWESOME! I would not of thought to use this, unless it was sitting in my face! LOL I will remember this when I make some winter cards this year. Thank you for the fantastic idea!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love penguins so this will be added to my "things to do" list. Fletch will be getting a card with his picture on the front this year!

    ReplyDelete