Tuesday 11 August 2009

Happy Birthday Reene


Hi Everyone, Today is a very dear friends Birthday. She is as fanatical about her Cricut as I am.. and makes some truly amazing cards. I don't know about you but I find it almost impossible to make a card for a fellow crafter. I almost challenge myself to create something beyond belief which gives me a headache!!! Anyhoo as she loves her Cricut as much as me, I thought I would give her just that, in the way of a Cricut card, Literally!! I have a cart called Store Front. It has lots of ProvoCraft symbols on it, including a Cricut Machine, CuttleBug and Cricut image. I used chalks to make the blue background and embossed each line to look like a different cart.. The words on each cart are just peel off letters. Hope you like, although today more importantly I hope she likes.. Happy Birthday Reene... have a great day...
Oh also, there is a play on words here, her family are keen Cricketer's (the sport) so the term Cricut and Cricket works on 2 levels here... I hope...!
And here is Joanne's card for Reene...

What is there left to be said but WOW,WOW,WOW. So much work and effort has been put into this, well I was going to say card but work of art would be more appropriate I think...

This week in our lessons we are doing Quilling. (Quilling, or paper filigree, is the art of rolling and gluing thin strips of paper into different shapes to create decorative designs).
It's not something I can do but Pauline, who has the patience of a saint, is a dab hand at it..

Thanks for checking us out.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Andy ... well what can I say except brilliant and thank you millions. Your card is really cool, love the 'cricket' link, word games and cricut ehh! well we're happy in our own little way aren't we!

    Joanne's card is more than a work of art ... it's an inspiratiion... and Pauline's beautiful peacock will always remind me of my first tea bag folding lesson. You have all made my day special, thank you ... hugs all round .... Renee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Happy Birthday to Reene"...I'm sure she will love both the cards Andy.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete