Friday 4 May 2012

When is a leaf....

...not a leaf?
When it's a feather of course... Hi Blogland. You know when sometimes you see something different in a product other than its intended use? Well, I do anyway!
This was the case with one of the new Leaf Dies from Marianne Designs Cretables.. I doubt that I will ever use it as a leaf as to me it looked like it would work perfectly as a Peacock feather....
So, to start this project off I made my own Peacock paper using some of the new Vintage Cosmic Shimmer Mists (Egyptian Blue, Antique Green & Tarnished Gold).
Cutting out as many Leaves as I could using the Creatables Die Anja's Leaves 3 (LR0228)
to create my individual Feathers...
This was the image that gave me the inspiration to make the feathers.. It's great as a one dimensional image but really could do with a little bit of oomph in the feather department to add that much sought after dimension.. So, once stamped and randomly coloured,
I cut it out, trimming off the bits that I would not use.
I then attached the Leaves/Feathers to the body,
adding some Peacock coloured Gems as the "eyes" of the Feathers...
Whilst this was drying I prepared my base card, cutting out the largest Die from the Spellbiders set Floral Ovals (S4-356) in some Light Green coloured Mirror card and the largest die from the Spellbinders Set Classic Ovals Large (S4-110). This was cut in White card stock and then coloured with... what else.... "Peacock Feathers Distress Ink" which is part of the new Spring set of Distress Inks...
Layering the two together to form my frame.
For my corner elements, I cut out a shape using the Marianne Creatables Anja's Corner (LR0200). Note that the Die only cuts only two of the edges,
so if you want it as a separate corner then you will have to cut the third edge manually..
Repeat this for each corner piece
and then attach them to your project
along with the frame
and finally the Peacock... Very opulent I think you'll agree? Thanks for checking us out, see you soon. Andy.

1 comment: