Tuesday 15 May 2012

1,2,3 Recipe Challenge...

Hi Blogland.. It's a Cuttlebug Blog Spot Challenge Day today... And we have a 1,2,3 recipe challenge for you.. Use 1 Button, 2 Ribbons and 3 papers (one of which should be embossed). I'm sure, like a sketch, that the recipe is open to interpretation?! Well, I hope it is!...
Here is my Design Team submission.. I really struggled with this one; I'm not really one for adding 6 elements to my projects! Unlike many of you, I guess I just cannot multi task! But hey ho, I eventually got it done. So, here's a quick step by step...
I started off by cutting out the 3 smallest shapes using the Spellbinders Die Wonky Rectangles (S4-306) onto some Blue Vellum (Paper #1)
and then threaded some cord (Ribbon #1) through each shape to form my sails...
These were attached to my nautical striped patterned paper (paper #2) using Pinflair Glue.
There really wasn't any other way of attaching the Vellum and you can see it soaking through, nothing more I could do than to cover it up with some nautical Peel Off's..
I then added my second piece of Ribbon to the side of the card.
Next, I stamped my image onto some White card stock (Paper #3)
and cut it out using the largest shape from the Spellbinders Wonky Rectangles set,
whilst the card stock was still within the Die I inked around the image.
When the Die is removed it creates a really nice faux embossed edge (paper #3 Embossed).
As much as I liked the effect, it was too White against my chosen background, so I inked it a little more to soften it.
Next, I stamped my sentiment
and again softened the "Whiteness" with my ink, before attaching the 2 stamped images to my base card.
Adding the last "ingredient" of the recipe, a Button.....
to complete the project. Don't forget to hop on over to the Cuttlebug Blog Spot to check out what my fellow Design Team Members have been creating with this week’s theme.. Thanks for checking us out. See you soon. Andy.

2 comments:

  1. Great card Andy and well done on getting it finished (even if it looks nothing like the version you were working on last Sat & Sun LOL)

    I love that shade of blue and the extra inking is just perfect.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did great Andy x

    ReplyDelete