Friday 24 February 2012

Thinking of you....

Hi gang, how are you doing today? Just a quick post from me today, not the usual waffling on about the weather and such like as I have lots to do this weekend.. So, shall we just get on with today's card?I've wanted to share this with you for a few weeks now, but as it is part of the New Do Crafts promotion I have not been able too. However, now that the promotion has arrived and is in stock I can now share....This is one of the images from one of the Enchanted Fairies stamp sets.. Apparently the stamp sets are based on icons in the fashion and music industries such as Katy Perry, Kylie and Victoria Beckham.. Who’d a thunk?? I'm not quite sure who this particular fairy is based on, I guess she does look a bit like Vicky B??!!Anyhoo, once stamped, coloured and glazed I added a bit of Glitter to her wings and some gems for an extra bit of fairy sparkle.. Adding the gems at this stage was a mistake, as I will share with you shortly!!Once the image was dry from being glazed with the Glossy Accents, I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Four.. This is where I encountered a problem with the gems I added earlier. As the image passed through the Cuttlebug, the pressure actually crushed the gems and embedded them into the card.. You can't really notice them in the picture, and it's not a bad effect, but not really what I was trying to achieve. They are actually sooo crushed and embedded that I can't even get them out of the card so that I can set new gems.. Ho hum, note to self for next time.... add gems after passing through die cutting machine!!This was my chosen card stock for my finished card as it looks quite whimsical and fairy like. However, the area surrounding my stamped image was too White for the backing paper.So, I coloured the White area using some Inks that I thought would compliment the paper, Aqua Adirondack and Pearlescent Lavender Brilliance Ink.Finishing the card off with another layer of Labels Four, this time in Silver Mirror card, just to break up the colour scheme a little. And finishing off with my sentiment and a Ribbon..
Don't forget that we have our FREE ProMarker Demonstration Day tomorrow with "SJ" from Letraset, it should be an informative and, as always, fun packed day of crafting... We look forward to seeing you there...
Thanks for checking us out.. See you soon..
Andy.

3 comments:

  1. Vicky B seems quite a good bet Andy LOL

    Lovely card - that backing paper is beautiful and really sets the whole thing off.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy just popped in to say thanks for the free tutorial today, I enjoyed it, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! Great fairy!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete