Wednesday 13 January 2010

Going Copic Crazy!!!

Hi Blogland, I hope you are well! Just when you thought the snow had gone!! It was back today!! It has been snowing here for the last 6 hours. Fortunately it was only very fine wet snow and it hasn't settled.. Standing outside all I can hear is the drip drip drip of the snow we had last week as it thaws and melts down the drains... Let's hope that's the end of it and we can get some decent weather for 2010...
This weeks lesson at Pinnacles has been all about Copic and ProMarker pens... Most crafters have them. But, do you use them?? If you have ever seen Manga images you will know just how talented the artists who produce and colour these images are. Well this is my (very limited) attempt, not a patch on their work, but I love these pens just the same...I found some FREE images on the net to colour in and have been playing all week..Taking the concept of shade, tone, tint and shadow used with the Manga images has allowed me to take my colouring in of my image to the next level. In the past I would have generally just coloured the whole image in, but leaving White spaces really does add dimension to your image...
And using the same image, repeatedly gives you a chance to use the whole colour range available..This is my personal favourite, I am really pleased with how the shading came out. However, as much as I tried to find a background to go with the image I couldn't... French Lin to the rescue.. She was playing with some Inks and Brayered this amazing background for me... And my coloured in image fit's just perfectly... Merci Lin..
I hope some of these images give you the inspiration to take your ProMarkers or Copics out of their box. Yes, you know who I'm talking too.. and give em a go..
Thanks for checking us out.
See you soon.
Pinnacles...

1 comment:

  1. Great items Andy - thank you for a lovely class on Monday...it was fab seeing these items irl.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete