Wednesday 25 November 2015

Merry Christmas, Cream & Gold

Hi folks.. Well, it's taken me a little longer than I had hoped to settle back into my routine after my holiday.. Boy am I missing my afternoon siesta!! But, I'm getting there!!

Today's offering is a little mishmash of a selection of Dies, which I hope you'll agree have worked quite well together to create this little project..
Whilst I was away we received a selection of the November release Sue Wilson Dies, which included the Ornate Octagons Striplet Die (CED1614)..

No big secret as to how this stage of the project was achieved.. I.E just cutting the "innie" part of the Die three times into some Cream coloured card stock and then mat and layering it onto some Gold Mirror card..

For the centre image I took the Tonic Studios Die 640e Yuletide Greetings, taking the two outer Dies and cutting them into a Cream piece of card... The joining of these two outer images lends itself to a bit of ribbon weaving! Well, it did to me anyways....

Adding a Bow to hide where the ribbon weaving started and finished.

Adding my Sentiment (ULT157302) Merry Christmas Script which I had cut out twice, once in Cream and one in Gold card stock,

sticking them together but slightly off setting them with a drop shadow to break up the colours

so the sentiment stood out a bit more.

Lots of Mirri card really doesn't help with the photography, will I ever learn not to use so much!!? Probably not..

Defo a better looking card in the flesh than my mediocre photography skills show..
So, if you're popping along to Club Members Weekend this weekend then it'll be out on show for you to taker a better look..
Thanks for checking us out, see you soon.
Andy.

3 comments:

  1. Morning Andy, glad to see you back after your holiday, you have brought for us today a really bright and cheerful Christmas card and I love it, can't get enough bling at Christmas can you, I have ordered my striplet die like this so when it arrives I can have a play, but also like the ribbon decoration you have done.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Andy. Very classy - the cream & gold work so well together.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andy, glad you had a wonderful holiday. I love this Ornate Octagons striplet die. They really make a gorgeous card and the gold mirror board behind it makes it stand out all the more. Love the ribbon around the circle too xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete