Wednesday 11 March 2015

Easter is a coming....

Hi folks... Time for something a little different from me for today’s Creative Expressions Design Team Post..

A "Novelty" card...
I really am not a fan of these types of projects.. just not my style or cup of tea! But, when the mood takes you in that direction you just have to kinda go with it... and when all said and done it does put to good use some Dies, so that can't all be bad..

To make the basket I used the Striped Sue Wilson Weaving Die

which really did give the desired effect for the wicker basket

trimming the edges

and then cutting it into shape

to complete the basket effect.
One of the Dies I was given to use this Month was one of Couture Creations new Hearts...

Trying to think outside the box a little rather than just producing heart after heart etc... I cut one out

and then cut into it

using a Spellbinders Oval Die.

If you position these well, you can get at least 3 out of one Heart...

Next, I cut out the Oval again, this time using some Silver Mirror card

and stuck the "filigree" image over the top to produce something on a par with an "Easter Egg"?

I did this in several "spring" type shades of card stock and positioned them into the basket...

Created a handle for the basket

and finished it off with a ribbon and a flower which was made using the Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies Die...
Well, it says a basket full of choccie eggs to me!! "Hoppy Easter" as they say!!

Actually, the design isn't that bad!! It has allowed me to make a version for my Mums Mothers Day Card on Sunday....
Thanks for checking us out.
See you soon.
Andy.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Andy and I love the way you have used the hearts to create your eggs.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy,
    how neat is that! You are clever.
    Happy crafting, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous, you've given me ideas now as I have the Sue Wilson dies . Can't wait to get crafting!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete