Tuesday 22 February 2011

Ready to pop?

Hi Everyone. Today over at the Cuttlebug Spot we are sharing with you the last in our series of folds for your projects. Today's theme is Pop Ups! I think, like many of you no doubt, I always concentrate so much on the outside of a card that I forget to follow my themes through to to inside. Well, with pop ups it's all about the inside!
So here is my take on today's theme.The outside of the cardand the pop up inside.I'm a big fan of dimension on my projects and the pop up gives just that! With the cake standing proud from the back of the card and the spiral pop up allowing the hearts to fall like confetti..
Here's a step by step if you fancy giving it, or something similar a go.For the pop up I took a folded A5 cardand cut two lines across the spine of the card 2" apart.I then joined the two cuts by scoring between themto make it easier to fold the pop up inwardsand for it to stand proud from the card..I cut some card stock into some rectangles to resemble a Wedding Cakeand embossed the pieces using a folder from the Art Deco Cuttlebug Companions Set.Once embossed, I added a border cut from the Martha Stewart French Scroll Punch Around the Page set and then stacked the layers together to form a Wedding Cake.To form the Swirling pop up I cut circles from some Acetate at 1 3/4"and cut them into spirals.Attaching the base of the spiral to the base of the card with some high tac tape,adding a piece of high tac tape to the top tip of the spiral and then closing the card so that the spiral attached it's self to the top of the card and therefore would spiral down into it's original shape when the card was closed and therefore not buckle up!I added a spiral either side of the original cut pop up,added the Cake shapeand then some hearts which were the waste pieces collected from when I used the Martha Stewart Lace Heart border punch on another project.At this stage I decided to add another spiral over the cake, as it looked a bit bare to be honest.
The inside done, time to move onto the front of the card.I printed a Digital Stamp I found at Sassy Studio Designs. Coloured it with my Copic Pens and glazed the image with Glossy Accents! I know, I know I use a lot of Glossy. But hey! if it ain't broke don't fix it!!I then took one of the New Marianne Designs "Designables" called Swirls and a piece of card stock 5 3/4" x 8". If you haven't heard of or used this item before, it is just like a normal embossing folder but will also cut at the same time (depending on the folder!) and is suitable for use in most dies cutting machines.So I popped my card stock inside the folderand passed it through the Cuttlebug,turned the card stock around so that I could emboss the other end.I added a piece of Red Mirror card to the front of my base card and then layered the embossed image on top.As the the card stock was slightly shorter it allowed for an edge of the Mirror Card to show. Also as the embossing folder has cut areas the Mirror card can also be seen through these areas.I then added the Stamped image.I printed my sentiment onto White card stock from my PC in Red ink to keep the Red & White theme going. I cut out the sentiment using an Oval Nestabilitie and matt and layered it with some more of the Mirror Card which was cut out with the next sized Oval up.This was applied to the card to complete the project.
Perfect for parents to give to their Daughter on her Wedding Day perhaps! Don;t forget to hop on over to the Cuttlebug Spot to see what all the other Design Team members have come up with this theme.
Thanks for checking us out and see you soon.
@ndy..

15 comments:

  1. Well she is just beautiful, and I love the fact there is very little colour on the card. The red touches absolutley set the whole thing off.
    Well done Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a beautiful card...i alway have trouble finding great inspiration for wedding cards ...now i have one...thank you

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about your card Andy, the inside has become the final touch to the card! Love the little hearts and your eye for detail!!

    p.s. did you see my special touch on my project for this week??? :)

    love
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cricut / Cuttlebug /
    I ABSOLUTELY love everything that you do!!! You are sooo extremly talented!!!! Thanks for sharing all of your creations!! You are definitely an inspiration to me!!!
    Stacey
    Stayce71Z@hotmail.com
    Cricut / Cuttlebug /

    ReplyDelete
  5. The overall effect of this card is just amazing and the finished piece is stunning...you might even have convinced me that I need one of those emboss/cut folders LOL

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cuttlebug, please. A gorgeous creation. I have no equipment/material to replicate the front but I'll certainly try to remember the pop-ups, especially the acrylic spiral bases. Very effective! TFS your creative talents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Andy - love the hearts on the spirals on the inside, and the new cut & emboss folder on the front is fabulous!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can use either one. Andy your creation this week is just wonderful! I'm always so impressed that you have time to make a tutorial. Love your image and your style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andy this is beyond gorgeous! Gotta get that folder! Fabulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw this in the flesh and its even more gorgeous in real life! love that folder too so gonna have to come and get that one now!
    Well done Andy it really is gorgeous
    Nicki
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't come across these folders down here in NZ but your card is beautiful (of course!). I love the way you have reversed the folder to give the assymetric look. The digi stamp ties it all together (I'd recommend that your readers check out that site, they have some beautiful ones available and even offer a couple of freebies). Well done on your pop up work. Will have to try that. TFS and for inspiring.
    Cricut and Cuttlebug fan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Andy. We have a wedding in December which has a red and white theme, so your card has given me some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cricuit for me please Andy congrats on 30,000 blog vistors its a great blog full of inspiration thanks for the chance of winning a fab cartridge. Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love Cuttlebug. If you want you can share ideas on wedding card looking my blog too. Let me know if you like them. Anyway thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete