Hi everyone, How are you all today? As you can see by the title of today's post... I'm back..!! March, well, February, well the whole of the year so far really has been a blur.. Every time I think I have caught up with myself another thing is either on the horizon or comes along to derail my plans. I guess that is just called "LIFE" I suppose, and rather that than it be dull and boring doing the same old same old.. Oh, I have just thought of something else I was meant to do.. Mental note to self!!Anyway, on with today's project.
I'm still in my Green phase at the moment. I have had this pack of backing papers staring up at me on my desk for the best part of a Month.. I knew from the day our rep showed me it that it was going to work it's way into my stash and today's the day it came out of it's cellophane wrapping and got used.. Well a little piece of it anyway.
With new toys to play with by way of the new Distressing Inks from Sir Tim Holtz, I'm sure he won't mind the honorary "Sir" I have bestowed on him, even though he's not British and not entitled to it, or is he? Answers on a postcard please.. or save a stamp and just leave a comment... Also new to my stash were some of the New Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders.. Yikes!! Classy design or what! Well done Sizzix, way to keep up with Cuttlebug..Firstly I covered a piece of White Card stock with one of the new Distressing Ink Colours, Crushed Olive.Then ran the card stock through the Cuttlebug with the Fruits & Vines (656505) Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.I then went over the Embossed image, again with the Crushed Olive Ink.Then, picking out just the berries I went over with Victorian Velvet (TIM27195) Distressing Ink.
I finally got to use my Papermania Verde Paper pack. I chose probably the simplest background I could find.. The others were either too dark or too fancy for the project.I also added a small punched border using the Martha Stewart Two Dot Scallop (M284015) Border Punch. Yes, I know! Mirror card again..I matted my embossed image onto the same Green Mirror card I used for the punched border.I cut out an image using Nestabilities Labels Five. I used the size which would suit the size of my stamped sentiment. I also coloured this piece of card with the Crushed Olive Distressing Ink. However, when it came to adding a matt for this shape it didn't come out as I expected. Either I was missing the next sized Nestabilitie up or the size that I had was exceptionally large as the distance between the Two images looked odd.. Anyway, I cut out the next label I had and stuck the Two together. I then went round with some scissors and "by eye" gave the smaller image a much close edge..Finally adding some Crystal Stickles to the berries to complete the project..
Yay!! my fist project post in Two weeks.. I'm determined to pick up the pace now, so keep an eye out... It's good to be back.
Thanks for checking us out..
See you soon