Tuesday 28 September 2010

More Birthdays!!

Hi Blogland. Saturday saw yet another September Birthday in my family! And it's the most important one of all because it was mine!! Not a super special one (i.e not a zero one) like everyone else's in the family this Month, but no less important!!I just wanted to share with you all a few of the cards I received. None more or less important than any other one, as I know they were sent and made from the heart... But I did pick out a couple that I can appreciate the time and effort that went into making them.If you have seen her work already, I bet you could have guessed that this one is from my Sister.. Her Parchment work is always soooo stunning! And the Border Collie in the middle is always so apt! We had one when we were growing up called Ellie. Sadly she is no longer with us, but cards like this always bring back such happy memories!!Yes, I am a Libra! And according to Lyn's sentiment inside, Libras have their head in the clouds, fantasy is more appealing than reality, Never learn to say No and take on far too much!, but there was no mention of being unbalanced though!! which is a good thing seeing as Libra is the sign of the scales!Now, I know making cards for us guys is not easy but this one from Reene really does fit the bill I think!And Reene, as with all of her fantastic cards not only thinks of the front like I do, but crafts her cards from cover to cover!!Et en fin! (And Finally!) this little beauty from French Lin.. If anyone has wondered what to do with Tim Holtz's Gadget Gears then wonder no more!.And a side viewand even the back was decorated.. (Lin wanted me to point out that the original idea for this card came from Jill Tuck at The Stamp Man).
So, needless to say I was overwhelmed by the cards and gifts I received from all my crafting buddies, Thank you...
Back later this week with my Nan's 80th Birthday card, once I've finished it... Thanks for checking us out, see you soon..
Andy.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! A bit belated...but happy happy anyway. We share the same birthday...and today is my Dad's. Such a busy time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you were able to celebrate (Members weekend is always so busy for you). What a fab collection of cards and all well deserved.

    Looks like you will be having another busy year ahead of you with your new DT post so try and enjoy, and......Carry on Crafting.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a good birthday!
    debe
    debmevans@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete